SOLWorld

Sharing and building Solution Focused practice in organisations

Hi folks - just had a read back of what I've written and was vsisited by a pang of anxiety about the nature of confidentiality and this group. Whilst I'm sure that I wouldn't name a client here, or where they work, or even the content of our discussions necessarily. However I'm aware that certain identifying factors myay be present - i.e. we worked together this week, he is a he, he is a Director etc may let that person know that I am discussing out work together

Any ideas as to how we can develop some rules for this?

Phil

Views: 47

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Phil

Thanks for jumping in with an interesting contribution, and also for this question. We should remember that this group is visible to anyone on the net who shows up here, not just members. That is not (I think) changeable without taking the whole network onto a private basis. So, we must first be careful not to post anything which would identify clients etc.

The SOLWorld community also has a listserv, which is only readable by members of the listserv (though it's public and free to join - details at www.solworld.org/index.cfm?id=5. That's a _more_ confidential place (though still not totally private as anyone could join and look at the archives).

Cheers and thanks again
Mark
Hi Phil,

I've been thinking the same issue. And very similar guestion has raised Sue (who was afraid of privacy of posted photos, etc.), as well.

I agree compleetly with Mark that the best way how to run this website, is to let it open to wide public, i.e. main responsibility for privacy lies on the contributors themselves.

That's way, I don't think that sharing information about our work should be the ethical dilemma, in case we will respect certain rules. [Supposing you are allowed by your clients to discuss certain parts of their cases. - I mean your way of working for the reason of supervision and your further professional development, not any confidental client-related details.]

One of possibilities how to keep more privacy, is using of listserv, as was recommended by Mark. Anyway, I think I can understand your point of view... Sharing experience using this site is so fascinating!

My proposed solution therefore is to create private group in case of neccessity to discuss any client-related issues. That means, only invited members (or your friends) would be allowed to view it. Or, perhaps better way - you can ask people from your group to create private mailing list to share information, or to arrange phone conference, etc.

Best wishes,

Kamila

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Notes

Jumpstart into Solution Focus

You want to learn more about "Solution Focus"?

You prefer a "step by step" introduction instead to start with reading some
voluminous books?

You would appreciate to have a complete "helicopter view" on SF after the first step…

Continue

Created by Hans-Peter Korn Dec 25, 2009 at 10:25am. Last updated by Mark McKergow Nov 3, 2014.

Making the most of SOLWorld.ning.com

If you’ve just arrived at SOLWorld.org (the SOLWorld ning group), you may be looking at all the features and wondering where to start.  This note might be helpful…

…

Continue

Created by Mark McKergow Jun 3, 2008 at 4:55pm. Last updated by Jesper H Christiansen Aug 22, 2017.

Open Space at SOLworld conferences

SOLworld Open Space instructions as it was used at the 2011 conference, by Mark McKergow

Continue

Created by Katalin Hankovszky Dec 30, 2015 at 10:18pm. Last updated by Katalin Hankovszky Dec 30, 2015.

SOLWorld Resources

Welcome to the SOLWorld Resources section.  This part of the site features information about the SOLWorld network, our past events and materials from our previous website.  It will take some time to update all the information, so thanks for your patience. 

Information in this part of the site is 'read-only'.  If you want to start discussions, please go to the Forum or Groups. …

Continue

Created by Mark McKergow May 12, 2008 at 4:08pm. Last updated by Mark McKergow Dec 2, 2022.

© 2024   Created by Mark McKergow.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service